Sunday, November 04, 2007

Random thoughts

I was tempted to say "I give up. It's over", but I held my tongue. That was just one of the several times when we were having a tiff that I almost wanted to say those words out loud. But I didn't. I would always remember that sometimes silence is the best answer. I would not want to say things that just come into my mind especially when I am angry because I might say what I really don't mean and might put an end to a four-year relationship that I cherish a lot.


Just because I was having second-thoughts about going to his sister's birthday celebration next week, he made it an issue. It's not that I don't want to bond with his family. I am not just up to it. It's beyond my comfort zone and I am not used to be with people I hardly knew. If PR would have been one of the school subjects, I would have gotten a failing grade. I remembered the last time that I went with him to the beach with his family and some cousins. I got really bored because there was no one to talk with. His sister was with her foreigner bf. His mother and aunt were not the talkative type, just like me. His cousins were swimming with the kids. He and his cousin were preparing the grill and he didnt want me to help. I almost wanted to get on the bus right at that instant and go home, but it would be big trouble. So I just forgot about saving money and shelled out 300 pesos to rent a snorkeling gear just so I would have something worthwhile to do while waiting for lunchtime.


I am still thinking of a valid reason not to go. Unfortunately, I dont have classes anymore so that would be crossed out in my list of possible excuses.

2 comments:

thinkerthird said...

How about being honest about it? He he. Or what if you'd better go? And make the first move of bonding with his family members? I know it's not easy, as if I'm good at socializing, but if you really see him as your future partner, I believe you need to start bonding with his family the way that he does with yours.

You may also make an agreement that you'll attend granting that you need to be a part of the preparation or a committee. Wouldn't that be fun?

Or you may ask if you could bring along a friend.

Sorry if I sound like prying your private life but they say that unsolicited advices are those that are really helpful. I hope mine is one of them.

Serendipity said...

thanks for the advice...it would help me make up my mind.
I am not just in the mood to travel...id rather stay home and read a good book during that weekend..hehe...
but i also think i owe him cause i've been busy during the past months that i always had an excuse not to attend their family gatherings...
anyway, i still have a week to think...hehe