Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tying the knot

Eight more months until October. There’s still a lot of time though to plan and prepare everything. Still, I can’t help but think about it every now and then no matter how busy I get at work.

I decided to sign up for kasal.com to get some ideas. Anyway, it’s for free. As I clicked the submit button, a window popped-up which says that “the name of the bride is already registered in the wedding registry!”. Whoa? How could that be? Could there be another person who has the same name as mine, including the middle and last name? Because the sign up registration requires for a first, middle and last name of the bride and the groom. I was just wondering why my name is already in the registry. I am pretty sure my bf had not registered because he is not much into net surfing. Anyhow, I just deleted the space between my two first names and the sign up was completed.

I have attended a couple of weddings of some friends, helped out in the preparation of my cousin's and one friend, but it will entirely be different if you would be planning and preparing for your own wedding. Hiring a wedding planner hadnt crossed my mind because I think I don't need one. We just wanted to have a simple, solemn and memorable wedding. I havent made a "to-do" list yet but Im pretty it's going to be a long one.

5 comments:

thinkerthird said...

While you are planning for a real wedding, the single people in the name of Joanna, Janice and Eduardo have been writing about their ideal weddings. He he he!

Anonymous said...

I dont want to write about my ideal wedding kay basin mag expect mo na ing ana jud ang mahitabo or close to that...i dont like pressure and great expectations..mka stress! hehe

thinkerthird said...

Uy pressure is a privilege. He he. Pero seriously, it's better you get to plan for the real one. Kami kay single man, dream sa ang amo. But it's good that you have enough time to plan things out. Di pareha sa uban a month or less ang preparation which stresses me out bisan wa ko'y labot.

Serendipity said...

pati ikaw na stress! hehehe....
gituyo jud na na dugay pa para enough ang time to plan and para madugangan pa sad ang budget...hehe..
a month has passed already and til now la pa na final ang motif...i still have to choose between red and blue.

thinkerthird said...

Why not make it both? Like the Ruffa-Yilmaz wedding nga daghay colors. At least, ang mga guests sab naay choices?.