
What better way to spend so much time during the holiday break than to watch movies, new ones and reruns.
I got hooked on Fox's sitcom House, M.D. My sister brought home a copy of its first season with more than 20 episodes in it. I am not really a fan of sitcoms or telenovelas but after i watched an episode of House, I couldnt stop from watching the next episodes. Soon I found myself engrossed in the series that I usually slept past midnight.
It's a medical drama but unlike Grey's Anatomy that's full of drama like the other soap operas, House has a detective plot sans the criminals, murder victims or forensic team. The villain here is a medical condition or malady, which the diagnostic team lead by Dr. Gregory House should find out and treat as soon as possible to save the life of the patient. But Dr. House is not a kind and soft-spoken doctor that most people expect from his profession but quite the opposite. He
is rather blunt, straightforward, trusts no one and speaks anything he believes is right and good for the patient. He lacks bedside manner and prefers not to talk to his patients directly unless very necessary to solve the case.
Being a nursing student, I get to learn a lot of medical terms from the episodes. Being fond of detective and medical suspense story plots, the sitcom really grabbed me from the start. Now I am watching the season 4 episodes.
No comments:
Post a Comment