Thursday, January 17, 2008

Relaxed Mode

There were only three of us in our section of the office since yesterday. The room was quiet since everyone was in front of his/her computer. There was little conversation. Once in a while the phone rings and being near the table where the phone is placed, I always get to take the calls. There was no music because only one computer has a set of speakers and the one using it didn’t seem to acknowledge its presence, so that the only music that’s playing was the one I kept singing in my head – Take You Back by Jeremy Camp, my ring tone.
*************************************************************************************
After a frenzied Monday and a stressful Tuesday, a relaxed and peaceful Wednesday was like a quench for my thirst for a stress-free and light working day.

*************************************************************************************
During lunch break and after work, I opened the website of our high school batch to see the pictures taken during our Christmas reunion last December. There was only one picture with me in it because I went home earlier than the rest of my batch mates. The photos were great. Most of us were dressed in white and/or red, following the theme, Fiery Winter.


It has been ten years already since our high school graduation and most of us have grown mature, older, some of us, including me, have gained weight. A few were already married and many are still single. It was my second time to attend the reunion and it felt good spending time with old friends and acquaintances. It would have been a very good memory for me, except for the group presentations, which made me feel like a lousy leader, or maybe I did act like one. I was never good in singing or dancing, much more to lead the group to do such things. Singing was one of my frustrations. Although I can dance but to lead a group of people to cheer, sing or dance was definitely out of my system and beyond my limits. Anyhow, it happened already. I won’t think about that night because it would just make me feel depressed. Thinking about it now, I am having second thoughts attending the next reunion.

*****************************************************************************************
It will be my fifth year in this office next month. After five years, I gained quite a lot of experience with my work, in dealing with clients and with my colleagues and of course, a whopping weight of 5 kilos. Last time I checked, the weighing scale registered 59 kilos and that was during the New Year. I badly need to get back in shape before “The Day” comes.

*****************************************************************************************
The buzz in the office when we resumed after the holidays was Hector’s plan of settling down this year. Two years ago, when he asked if I was ready, I said no and confidently assured him that I’ll be ready in 2008, thinking that I still have plenty of time to prepare myself and think about settling down. Now, I couldn’t believe that it’s already 2008 and it came quite fast. Am I ready for the bigger responsibility?

1 comment:

thinkerthird said...

Uy, congrats! You still have 347 days pa. Ü