Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Those were the days...

All this donkeywork is getting me bored, that’s why, if you’ve noticed, I’ve managed to post several entries here. For the first time since the past weeks, I’m being laidback when I’m not supposed to be, considering that the office evaluators will be arriving in two weeks; I have three PowerPoint presentations to prepare for next week; and five reports due within the month; not to mention the other tasks assigned by my supervisors.

Suddenly, I miss school; the college life; the field trips to the beach, both official and unofficial; the boarding house lifestyle; the food trips, but the financial situations, being students, almost always led us to the usual banana-Q-lomi-tabirak-food stalls mushrooming near the campus and in the city.

In my student life, I had only skipped class once. It was a physics class in my third year of college. My closest classmates, Vered and Steph, and I were sitting on a bench under the shade of a tree beside the school canteen while the rest of the class had to put up with our monotonous instructor discussing about gravity, acceleration, etc. It was one of the most unforgettable moments of my college life because at that time I felt free and without worries. I remembered we just spent almost two hours, laughing, watching students going about their business, talking just anything and everything that crossed our minds, except the physics lesson that we missed.


(L-R) me; steph, now a mother and a wife; vered, marine bio of a big pearl farm in palawan;and tine, working with an environmental NGO in palawan

No comments: