Friendship - As Simple as ABC by Bill Hodges, The Observer News, Jan. 10, 2008
A friend…
Applauds my successes and shares my sorrows.
Believes in me even when I doubt myself.
Cares about me when the world at large has given me the cold
shoulder.
Delights in helping me grow.
Enables me by lending me their skills to supplement my own.
Fills my heart with joy.
Gives without worrying if they will be given to in return.
Holds my hand when I am afraid.
Illuminates my life with a bright smile when I need one.
Joins with me in this journey called life -- helping to share the
load.
Keeps me going by encouraging me.
Loves me even through the times when I may not be very lovable.
Magnifies my strengths and minimizes my weaknesses.
Nurtures my dreams and helps to make them realities.
Offers to do what they can whenever they can, without thought of
reward.
Pampers me when I am feeling low.
Quietly listens when I have things in my heart that I must tell an
understanding ear.
Refuses to give up on me when others have.
Sits not in judgment, but rather stands in support of me.
Takes time to keep in touch, whether they’re across the street or around
the world.
Understands when I fall short.
Values me as a human being and, in doing so, confirms my sense of
self-worth.
Widens my view of the world by helping me to see it through their
eyes.
Xcites me to greater achievement. (It is a poor mind that can think of only
one way to spell a word.)
Yields to me sometimes when they might rather go their own way.
Zeros in on my needs and help me achieve them.
No comments:
Post a Comment