Thursday, February 23, 2006

A window to myself

The Johari Window is a model used to describe the process of human interaction. It's name is derived from the first names of its inventors, Joseph Luft and Harry Ingham. It makes use of a four paned "window," dividing personal awareness into four different types: open, hidden, blind, and unknown.

If you shall click the link to my Johari window below, the "arena" quadrant represents things that both I know about myself, and that you know about me. The knowledge that the window represents, can include not only factual information, but any information describing who I am. The "blindspot" quadrant represents things that you know about me, but that I am unaware of. So, for example, we could be eating at a restaurant, and I may have unknowingly gotten some food on my face. The "facade" quadrant represents things that I know about myself, that you do not know. The "unknown" quadrant represents things that neither I know about myself, nor you know about me.

So, care to join me in my continuing quest for self-awareness and self-discovery? Reveal what you know about me by clicking this link:

No comments: